- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sharp mashed Idaho® potatoes, frigid
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a gargantuan bowl, cream collectively butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one after the other; beat totally after every addition.
- Race in melted chocolate, vanilla, and frigid mashed potatoes. Mix properly and living aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sifted flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add this sifted dry mix to the batter alternately with the buttermilk. Mix properly with every addition.
- Pour batter into greased and floured baking pans. If the use of two 9-jog pans, then bake for 20 minutes. If the use of 1 13x9x2-jog flat pan, then bake for forty five minutes. If the use of 1 9-jog tube pan, then bake for 1 hour.
Variation: For Chocolate Spice Cake add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and allspice to the sifted dry mix.
One cup raisins and/or nuts can additionally be added.