This hearty red meat mushroom barley soup will without a doubt warm you up on these closing days of cold climate.
I didn’t begin off planning on making this soup nonetheless I learned an superior kit of mushrooms at the food market. All my cooking plans for the day modified the minute I learned this:
Shiitake, oyster, pleurote and mini bellas. Heaven in a plastic kit. It become as soon as this form of new merchandise there that the bar code didn’t even work yet.
So anyhow, opt the mushrooms, take them home and figure out what to set. I’ve got a concept!
I had the root about a weeks ago to set soups start air my unusual differ of soup recipes. We set replacement rooster noodle, black bean and baked potato soup. The occasional canned Campbell’s Tomato soup does set it onto the range.
I if truth be told have ventured out of my consolation zone and made a though-provoking tomato soup that become as soon as though-provoking edifying nonetheless no longer edifying sufficient to half it with you guys – sorry. Assist to the drawing board on that one.
Making an strive for added soup recipes? Enjoy a have a look at these plunge soup recipes!
One of my favourite Polish recipes is mushroom barley soup. There’s a Polish ceremonial dinner corridor around here that makes the edifying – THE BEST – mushroom barley soup. I made up our minds to no longer even are attempting to set that because I’ll by no system be in an enviornment to compare it.
But, I bet I will set a red meat barley soup all mushroomy with my magic mushroom container. Haha, I entirely did no longer opt psychedelic shiitakes.
Did you are making an strive this recipe? Sign @thethirstyfeast on IG!
1 pound red meat stew meat, decrease into bite size pieces
1 pound mushrooms
1 cup chopped white onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups red meat broth
4 cups water
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup dried barley
salt and pepper
- Soak the mushrooms in water to take away dirt and then dry off the mushrooms and set aside aside.
- Season the red meat with salt and pepper and brown in a neat soup pot.
- As soon as meat is browned, pour off the grease. Add the red meat broth, water, bay leaves, basil, thyme, and rosemary to the pot and voice to boil. As soon as it boils, within the discount of heat to low.
- In a separate pan, soften the butter. As soon as the butter has melted, saute the onions, garlic and carrots until the onions are translucent. Add to simmering red meat and broth on low for half-hour. Residing pan aside (you are going to use it as soon as extra).
- While that’s simmering, gash up your mushrooms. When half-hour have gone by, heat the set aside-aside pan up over medium heat and saute the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and barley to the soup and simmer for 40 minutes.
Serving Dimension: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Energy: 143Complete Plump: 5gSaturated Plump: 2gTrans Plump: 0gUnsaturated Plump: 2gLdl cholesterol: 48mgSodium: 441mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g