- * 2.5 lb chuck roast,
- * 1 cup pearl barley
- * 2 medium onion, chopped
- * 6 carrot, chopped
- * 1 14oz diced tomato
- * forty eight ozof red meat stock, low sodium
- * 5 sprig of thyme
- * salt
- * pepper
- Season the red meat shanks truly neatly with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Place the seasoned shanks within the crockpot first.
- Then add the barley, chopped onions, carrots and diced tomatoes.
- Attain it off with the red meat stock.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Every few hours, dash the soup and add more stock, if well-known.
- Season with salt and pepper.