Organic Lentil And Rice Stuffed Peppers
Light and healthy, this dish is first-price for these taking a look to eat vegetables in a more stress-free technique. Perfect to support for company who’re vegetarian or vegan, for the explanation that recipe requires vegan Cheddar cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded organic carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced organic tomatoes (with garlic, oregano, and basil or stewed tomatoes)
- 3 1/2 cup organic mushroom or vegetable stock
- 1 cup shredded contemporary organic spinach leaves (no longer mandatory)
- 1 3/4 cup dried organic lentils
- 6 organic bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan organic cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- In a tidy pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook dinner, stirring except lightly browned. Race in the shredded carrots, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Cook dinner for roughly 2 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes (with juice), stock, and dried lentils. Quilt and simmer, stirring occasionally except loads of the liquid has been absorbed, about 35 minutes. Race in cooked rice, spinach, and Cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Tidy tops of bell peppers. Scoop out membrane and seeds and rinse well. Appreciate each and every pepper with about 1 cup of lentil combination.
- Status peppers in aa 13-by-9-fling baking dish. Add 1 cup of water into the bottom of the dish. Quilt with foil and bake forty five to 60 minutes or except peppers are soft.
- Pick away the foil; high each and every pepper with 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese. Return to oven and bake a extra 5-7 minutes or except cheese is melted.