- 400 g clementines (roughly 3 medium-sized ones)
- 6 gargantuan eggs
- 225 g white sugar
- 250 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Place the total clementines in a pan with some chilly water, elevate to the boil and cook for 2 hours. We frail a small pan so the water used to be moderately deep.
- Drain and permit to chill, then reduce back every clementine originate and grab away the pips.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Butter the rim of a 21 cm diameter spring have tin and quilt the unfavorable with greaseproof paper.
- In a food processor or strength blender, blitz the clementines (skins, pith and fruit). Then add eggs, sugar, ground almonds and baking powder and mix again till gentle.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake for an hour or till a skewer comes out spruce. In Nigella’s recipe she suggests holding the outside with foil or greaseproof paper after the first 40 minutes to dwell the pinnacle browning; we didn’t save our foil on soon ample so the outside browned extra than Nigella’s. I believe it looks heavenly though!
- Receive from the oven and inch away to chill in the tin, on a wire rack.
- When chilly, grab faraway from the tin.