Full time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Servings: 8 to 12
Our recipes, your kitchen: If you happen to build that or every other recipe from the L.A. Times Test Kitchen, we would possibly maybe well spend to hold about it so we are able to showcase it on our meals weblog and each so often in print. Add photos of the done dish here.
8 poblano chiles
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 onion, decrease into rounds
1 cup corn kernels
1 chopped garlic clove
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup vegetable broth
1 (8-ounce) container bitter cream
15 oz. (1½ 10-ounce applications) cotija cheese, divided
9 objects oven-ready lasagna
6 oz. quesadilla cheese (½ of a 12-ounce kit), shredded
1. Put collectively the chiles: Roast the chiles under the broiler or over a stove-high burner till the skin is charred on both sides. Peel the skin and seed the chiles, then decrease lengthwise into long strips.
2. Heat the oven to 375 levels.
3. In a substantial sauté pan, warmth 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high warmth. Add the onions and cook dinner, stirring incessantly, till softened, about 5 minutes. Trail in the corn and chile strips, minimize the warmth to low and continue to cook dinner till the corn and chiles are warmed thru. Plot shut faraway from warmth and narrate aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, warmth the closing tablespoon of oil over medium-high warmth. Add the garlic and cook dinner till aromatic, about 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce and vegetable broth and warmth till scorching. Plot shut faraway from warmth and narrate aside.
5. In a meals processor, combine the bitter cream with two-thirds of the cotija cheese and mix till creamy nevertheless lumpy (this is able to maybe additionally be executed by hand in a substantial bowl, the usage of the abet of a spoon).
6. Line the corrupt of a 13-by-9-sprint baking or casserole dish with 3 lasagna noodles. Add one-half of the corn-chile combination, distributing evenly over the noodles. Dollop one-half of the bitter cream-cotija combination over the corn and chiles. Build 3 extra noodles in the pan, and repeat with the closing corn-chile combination and bitter cream-cotija mix.
7. Build the three closing noodles in the pan. Sprinkle the shredded quesadilla cheese and closing cotija cheese over the noodles. The usage of a spoon, drizzle the thinned tomato sauce evenly over the noodles in the dish.
8. Cowl the dish with foil and bake the lasagna for half-hour. Plot shut away the foil and continue to bake till the cheese is melted and golden, an further 10 to fifteen minutes.
Each and each of 12 servings: 376 energy; 22 grams protein; 23 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams fiber; 23 grams fleshy; 12 grams saturated fleshy; 54 mg cholesterol; 3 grams sugar; 1,006 mg sodium.