Cook supper time
2 hours Half-hour
4 to 6
Take a look at Kitchen-Accredited
beef chuck, prick into 1 to 2–budge pieces
unbleached all-motive flour
1 to 2 teaspoons
freshly floor sunless pepper
2 to a few tablespoons
vegetable or other neutral-flavored cooking oil
smooth onions, sliced
ketchup or tomato sauce
apple cider vinegar
smoked or candy paprika
water or beef stock, plus more as wished
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a smooth plate or shallow, large glass dish. Quilt meat in a gradual-weight dusting of flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a huge pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sear meat on all aspects till brown and a bit caramelized. Add extra oil as wished. Save from pan and role apart.
- Add sliced onions to pan and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, till translucent, scraping up brown bits as you lunge.
- While onions are cooking, combine ketchup, apple cider vinegar, spices, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and 1 cup water or stock in a shrimp bowl. Add this sauce to pan with onions and simmer 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add seared meat help to the pan, decrease heat to low, and simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or till meat is refined. Add more water or stock as wished.
- Assist with egg noodles or rice.