Provocative, crumbly Christmas bars, topped with a delectable rum glaze
- 2. 2 tsp baking powder
- 3. 150g ground hazelnut
- 4. pinch of salt
- 5. 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6. 3 tsp gingerbread spice
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a diminutive bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, hazelnuts, salt, cinnamon and gingerbread spice.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Living the bowl apart and let the chocolate frigid.
- In a in point of fact natty bowl, beat the butter with sugar and honey with an electrical mixer for about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, melted chocolate and rum, and mix successfully. On low mosey, add the flour combination in two batches until the combination is successfully integrated. Unfold the dough on the parchment paper and soft over it the employ of a spatula. Bake for 20 minuted, until a toothpick inserted comes out easy. Let the cake frigid solely.
- Reduce the cake into two equal parts. Warmth the apricot jam within the microwave for about a seconds. Brush one half of the cake with a obedient amount of jam and space the other half of the cake on top. Brush the discontinue of the cake with apricot jam as successfully.
- For the glaze, sift the sugar and add the rum, raspberry syrup, water and pink meals coloring. Scramble the until the combination is soft. The glaze have to no longer be too runny.
- Conceal the cake with the glaze and decorate it with sprinkles. Relax the cake for an hour until the glaze has space.