Deep-Fried Cookie Dough
As if drinking raw cookie dough straight from the package wasn’t indulgent ample, someone went and made it even higher (and no more guilt-ridden, seeing because it’s cooked), by deep-frying it. From Taylor Mathis’ The Soutern Tailgating Cookbook, these deep-fried cookie dough balls are particular to preserve the showcase, whether or now not at a game or in the comfort of your home. Click here to peer 13 Issues You Didn’t Know You Would possibly Fry
- 1/2 cup all-cause flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- peanut oil, for frying
- confectioners’ sugar and chocolate syrup, for garnish
- Compose the cookie dough the night before you intend on frying it. In a minute bowl, mix collectively the flour and salt. In a mixing bowl, cream collectively the butter and sugars. Whereas mixing, add the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Continue mixing the dough whereas slowly adding the flour mixture. Add the final tablespoon of oil. Mix in the chocolate chips. Capture away the dough from the bowl and comprise into 8 evenly sized balls. Store in a sealable container and refrigerate in a single day. In a separate sealable container, add the milk and egg and refrigerate in a single day. In a further sealable container, add the flour and confectioners’ sugar.
- When you’re ready to fry the cookie dough, lag the milk mixture, then dip the cookie dough in it. Roll it in the flour mixture, dip it again into the milk mixture, and then roll it in the flour mixture but again. Repeat this project a total of 3 instances, until a thick coating has formed spherical the dough. Compose distinct the dough is entirely coated.
- Contain a Dutch oven 2∕3 of the design plump with oil and warmth over high warmth to 365 levels. Fry the battered balls of cookie dough for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, until golden brown on the open air. Capture remote from the oil and drain on paper bags. Attend with confectioners’ sugar and your licensed chocolate syrup.