“I found this recipe on Epicurious, and it surely caught my take a look at up on. I surely adore the design the chipotles give the stew a gentle smokiness. It’s nearly as if it were willing over a campfire. And naturally, the leisure though-provoking is indubitably staunch!”
- Fascinating In:
- 2hrs 10mins
lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed and decrease into 1 bolt cubes
salt (to type)
unusual ground shaded pepper (to type)
tablespoons vegetable oil
medium onion, coarsely chopped
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground cumin
(14 1/2 ounce) can tomato puree
canned chipotle chile
tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotle chiles)
cup pork stock or 1/2 cup water
(15 1/2 ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained
flour tortilla (no longer well-known)
- Season pork to type with salt and pepper.
- Brown pork on both aspect in oil in a ample skillet, nonetheless attain no longer overcrowd pan.
- Add onion, garlic and cumin to skillet.
- Prepare dinner, stirring, unless onion is gentle, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, chipotles, adobo sauce, and stock or water to meat, mixing correctly.
- Simmer, stirring now and then, over low warmth, unless meat is gentle, about 1 1/2 hours (if stew begins to dry out fair correct add some pork stock or water).
- Add hominy to pan and cook dinner for quarter-hour extra, or unless dish is heated by.
- Overview dish for salt and pepper, if wished.
- Wait on in bowls with warmed flour tortillas, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Bought a requirement?
Part it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I’m a longtime member since 2002.
While I surely have confidence many recipes here, most of my contemporary recipes are on my food weblog at palatablepastime.com
I’m able to also fair now and then post one thing further I surely have confidence here.
Must that it is probably going you’ll maybe also fair have confidence questions, that it is probably going you’ll maybe also continuously contact me at [email protected]
Notice Plump Profile