1 hour 15 minutes
A value range and food scheme tremendous casserole the total household will adore. —Burnt Offerings
butternut squash, peeled and lower into 1 whisk cubes
mountainous red onion, lower into 1 in chunks
jalapeño peppers, seeded, deveined, and chopped
grape seed or vegetable oil
can of shadowy beans, rinsed
box of child spinach
unique chorizo sausage
shredded Mexican cheese
can of red enchilada sauce
mountainous corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400′
- Line a heavy, rimmed baking sheet with foil and scatter the butternut squash, onion, and jalapeño peppers on it.
- Drizzle the oil on the greens, and sprinkle with the salt, cumin and chili powder. Toss well to coat the veg.
- Roast at 400′ for 40 minutes, stirring half of procedure thru, till the squash is soft, and the onions and peppers are caramelized throughout the perimeters.
- While the veggies are roasting, brown the chorizo in a mountainous skillet, breaking it up into gorgeous crumbles, till no longer crimson in the heart.
- Desire the veggies from the oven and minimize oven temp to 375′
- Add the can of drained and rinsed shadowy beans to the squash and onion mix and mix well.
- Assemble the casserole: Ladle 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish and lower two tortillas to suit the bottom of the dish. Spoon in 1/3 of the squash and bean mixture evenly over the tortillas, topped with 1/3 of the chorizo, 1/3 of the spinach, and 1/2 cup of cheese , spread evenly. Ladle 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat layers two extra times. Top with closing layer of tortillas, sauce and supreme cheese.
- Conceal casserole with foil and bake at 375′ for 30 minutes. Casserole is also assembled prematurely and refrigerated or frozen. If baked from fridge, bake for forty five min. earlier than placing off foil. If baking from frozen, bake for one hour and 30 min.
- Desire foil and bake for one more 10-15 minutes till the cheese is bubbly and the tortillas are starting up to brown.
- Let leisure for 10 minutes earlier than serving.