Published: · Modified: by Cooking Chat · This post might well maybe possess affiliate hyperlinks
It’s getting to be the season to cook issues low and sluggish! And what extra orderly design to produce so than by braising some beef in a Bordeaux. That’s how we rolled for this French #Winophiles talk over with to the eminent Bordeaux place, with this palatable Bordeaux Braised Red meat recipe.
Bordeaux is this kind of eminent place, I don’t mediate I’m going to use time giving background on it. What I could produce is try to dispel the delusion that it’s possible you’ll per chance maybe be’t score a upright Bordeaux for a tight designate. I did so in dramatic vogue by utilizing the greater segment of a bottle of Bordeaux to braise an more cost effective lower of beef shoulder roast. *gasp*
Certain, I did empty most of a Bordeaux into the marinade, which later turned into our braising liquid. It might per chance maybe sound extravagant, however the Chateau Bel Air used for the cooking turned into easiest $12. I used 2 ½ cups of the wine, so that meant there turned into some left for sipping because the beef cooked. It turned into quite gratifying to drink, and I’d retract in mind getting one more bottle appropriate for ingesting.
Cooking pointers: You might well maybe maybe mediate I didn’t use the total bottle of wine for cooking appropriate because I wanted to drink some. Neatly, there’s that…however for a braise, you don’t need the total half of meat to be lined in liquid. You truly appropriate need enough to generate moisture for the cooking direction of. The use of a lifelike amount of liquid will lead to a sauce at the stay that is thick and flavorful, without needing to reduce additional after the braising time.
My Resort Dutch Oven is this kind of wide tool for dishes fancy this, letting me brown on the stovetop then slowly cook within the oven. You might well maybe maybe score for yourself on Amazon.[[[[those are Amazon affiliate hyperlinks]
Wine Pairing: Going back to the point about being ready to score a tight Bordeaux for a upright designate. The Bordeaux we served with dinner wasn’t $12, however it completely didn’t shatter the bank, either. The 2010 Chateau Patache d’Aux Cru Bourgeois ($26, 13% ABV) from the Médoc shows a truly upright quality Bordeaux can even be had for a lifelike designate. I score gentle pine on the nostril, cherry fruit and upright structure, with a little spice on the stay. Because it’s possible you’ll per chance maybe maybe suspect, this wine from the Left Bank has Cabernet Sauvignon because the principle grape, with a upright bit of Merlot and reasonably of Cab Franc and Petit Verdot. Barely enough tannins to work smartly with the plump within the beef.
No shock, the Bordeaux in our glass turned into a wide pairing for the flavorful and delicate Bordeaux Braised Red meat! And the total production, 2 bottles of wine and the beef, came together for beneath $50. Oh yeah, and there were ten servings. Strive to replicate that at a restaurant! In other phrases, right here’s a meal it’s possible you’ll per chance score pleasure from with bottle of Bordeaux, and peaceful call yourself frugal. Trek ahead, try it!
Bordeaux Braised Red meat #winophiles
Red meat shoulder slowly braises in Bordeaux, herbs and veggies, then served over mashed potatoes on this Bordeaux Braised Red meat recipe. Attend with a Bordeaux wine, clearly!
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours 15 mins
- Whole Time: 4 hours 35 mins
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Class: Valuable
- Delicacies: French
- 4.5 lbs beef shoulder roast
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 4 epic
- 2 thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tiny onion coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups Bordeaux or other red wine
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 head roasted garlic (or 3 cloves minced garlic)
- Salt and pepper to style
- Mashed potatoes or other starch fancy noodles for serving
Prevent your display from going murky
- Create the marinade: in a neat bowl, mix the rosemary, epic, thyme, coarsely chopped onion, carrot and garlic (reserving the finely chopped fragrant greens for later). Pour within the wine, then add the bay leaves and salt. Trot to mix.
- Pat the beef dry, then voice in a neat, sealable plastic score. Pour the marinade into the score with the beef. Seal the score and shake gently to coat the the beef with the marinade.
- Living the beef with marinade into the refrigerator. Marinate for no longer no longer up to 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 levels in case you are prepared to cook.
- Living a colander in a neat bowl. Pour the beef and marinade into the colander. Spot the neat bits of greens and herb off the beef, and clutch away the beef to a plate. Reserve the the braising liquid and the objects within the colander.
- Warmth 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a dutch oven on the stove high, medium heat. Add the beef, brown on either side, about 10 minutes. Care for the beef to a platter.
- Because the beef browns, clutch away the objects of carrot and garlic from the colander, and slit them into smaller objects.
- Warmth the opposite tablespoon of olive within the dutch oven. Add the finely chopped onion, carrot, parsnip and celery. Saute on medium unless they begin up to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef back into the dutch oven. Pour the reserved marinade over the beef. The add the garlic and carrots from the marinade to the dutch oven, along with two of the bay leaves and roasted garlic (squeezed out of the pores and skin).
- Conceal the dutch oven, and clutch away it from the stove high to the oven. Let it slowly braise for 4 hours. No have to envision it, appropriate let it slowly cook!
- After the four hours of braising, carefully switch the dutch oven from the oven to the stove high. Conscientiously clutch away the conceal. Remark a neat fork to switch the beef to a platter.
- Care for the braising liquid heat on the stove high on low heat. Trot it, season with salt and pepper to style.
- Decrease the beef into serving parts. This can are inclined to tumble apart into delicate little objects. Plate servings of mashed potatoes, Scoop up a portion of the beef, and support of the mashed potatoes. Attain by ladling a beneficiant portion of the braising liquid over the beef and potatoes. Revel in with a upright red Bordeaux!
Recipe Card powered by
Guarantee to envision the total wide #winophiles Bordeaux blog posts!
Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla shares “Coquilles Saint-Jacques with Château de Chantegrive Graves Cuvée Caroline”
David from Cooking Chat brings “Bordeaux Braised Red meat”
Jeff from foodwineclick shares “Bordeaux Entrée: Mouclade de Moules & Chateau Les Bertrands”
Michelle from Rockin Red Blog is sharing “Oh Bordeaux You’re So Stunning”
Sarah from Uncommon Cuisiniere brings us “Haricots Verts (Green Beans) Amandine paired with White Bordeaux”
Wendy from A Day within the Lifestyles on a Farm spices issues up with “Indian Spiced Red meat Bordeaux and a 2010 Chateau Dumas Cenot
Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva shares “Bordeaux by design of Burgundy”
Don’t fail to recollect to affix the are residing Twitter Chat Saturday at 8 am PST/11 am EST hosted by Jeff from foodwineclick utilizing #winophiles. Aurevoir!
Be half of us for our upcoming events: December 19 Champagne – January 16 Burgundy – February 20 Alsace
Tools used on this post [[[[Amazon affiliate hyperlinks are used on this post, that design I brand a tiny share of the sale within the event you bought to bewitch utilizing the link]