Who says that cake can’t be breakfast? This Blueberry Oatmeal Cake recipe makes a relaxing crowd-ample breakfast.
Cake? For breakfast? Definite, it sounds a dinky wacky nevertheless this breakfast cake is good for mornings. Correct dispute yes, and whip up this simple Blueberry Oatmeal Cake. It’s a younger, moist cake — a mix between a baked oatmeal and cake, in actuality — dotted with juicy blueberries.
Making it’s easy.
Begin by mixing the dry substances. Then add in the oats. Mix the wet substances and then add then to the dry substances. Mix again, until accurate mixed. Then rush in the blueberries.
Then bake until this stunning cake is golden brown. Let it wintry rather — about 10 minutes — and then minimize and inspire.
I minimize this into a 4×3 grid.
When blueberries are in season (July and August in many areas!), this is extraordinary with unique berries. Either excessive bush blueberries or wild blueberries will work. Your desire.
When blueberries aren’t in season, frozen ones work completely in this recipe too. So in actuality, it’s possible you’ll well be capable to ride this breakfast cake all yr round.
Greater but? Right here’s a immediate and simple recipe — it’s possible you’ll well be capable to safe it on the table in about half-hour. Rating!
And severely, what dinky one gained’t cheer in the occasion you dispute that breakfast right now is … cake?
You’ll be the family hero. Or essentially the most tantalizing mom round. Or accurate kitchen wizard.
Clearly, this would possibly well per chance additionally be the closing afternoon snack cake as smartly.
Should always you is seemingly to be serving it for breakfast though, pair it with some unique fruit. It’s an out of this world pairing.
1 1/3 cup all-motive flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup oats (old normal or mercurial cook)
1 cup milk
1 generous egg
1 1/2 cup blueberries (unique or frozen)
1 tbsp sugar, granular or certain ornamental
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Chances are you’ll well need an 8×8-hurry square glass baking dish for this.
- In a medium to generous mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar and baking powder. Use a trudge to sift collectively. Add the oats to the bowl and rush to combine.
- In a little bowl, add the milk and egg. Plug collectively until smartly mixed.
- Pour the milk mixture into the bowl with the dry substances. Stride until accurate mixed. The batter is seemingly to be a dinky lumpy. That’s k. Add the blueberries and rush gently to combine.
- Pour the batter into the glass baking dish and tap gently to flatten. Sprinkle the sugar over the pause of the batter.
- Roam the baking dish into the oven and bake for 25-half-hour, or until the pause is golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out cleanly. Earn a ways off from the oven and let wintry for 10 minutes.
- Nick and inspire. I worship to gash back this in a 4×3 grid.
Be pleased this recipe?
Then you positively’ll favor to establish out my cookbook, The Mammoth Uncomplicated 5-Ingredient Cookbook, printed by Rockridge Press. It’s all about cooking smartly, without snarl and merely. It’s crammed with easy, accessible recipes that the final family will love. We’re talking one-pan, 30-minute and no-cook recipes for every meal of the day.