- 2 hrs 15 minutes cooking
- Serves 6
- 2 medium pink onions, chopped coarsely
- 4 clove garlic, chopped coarsely
- 5 centimetre new ginger, chopped
- 2 new long pink chillies, chopped coarsely
- 3 teaspoon grated new galangal
- 3 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 kilogram pork chuck steak, trimmed, lower into 3cm cubes
- 410 millilitre canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 10 centimetre stick new lemon grass (20g), bruised
- 3 new kaffir lime leaves, torn
Plot spice paste. Blend or course of ingredients exact into a paste.
Combine paste in wok with pork, coconut milk, the water, lemon grass and lime leaves; lift to the boil. Slash assist heat; simmer, lined, stirring every so often, about 2 hours or unless mixture thickens and pork is soft.
Recipe can made a day ahead; store, lined, in the fridge this permits the flavours to build in a single day.