This stick-to-your-ribs dish proves vegetarian fare would possibly maybe maybe maybe be high-quality as hearty and filling as meaty meals.
Advertisement – Proceed Discovering out Below
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb. sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can puréed tomatoes
- 2 c. frozen shelled edamame
- 1 can no-salt-added pinto beans
- 1 can no-salt-added dim beans
- Shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream
- Step 1In microwave-top-notch glass baking dish, combine sweet potatoes and 2 tablespoons water. Veil with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high 12 minutes, or till tender.
- Step 2Within the period in-between, in 5-quart saucepot, warmth oil on medium. Add onion, chipotles, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook dinner 5 minutes, stirring as soon as rapidly. Add tomatoes and 2 cups water. Warmth to simmering on high. Simmer quarter-hour, stirring as soon as rapidly.
- Step 3Add sweet potatoes to pot at the side of edamame, pinto beans, dim beans, and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Cook dinner 2 to 5 minutes, or till beans are scorching. To motivate, garnish with Cheddar and sour cream, if desired.