This image courtesy of Joseph DeLeo
NotesAny mixture of leftover vegetables will most certainly be aged.
Timing here is decided for low altitude cooking. In a high altitude, bake at 400° for 45 minutes.
Serves8 to 10
Total Timebelow 1 hour
Salvage Ahead RecipeSure
OccasionBuffet, Family Salvage-together, sport day
Taste and Texturetoothsome
Form of Dishcorn bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, for the baking pan
- 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, evenly overwhelmed
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or rendered bacon fats
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup seeded, deveined, and chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped inexperienced chile or jalapeno peppers
- 1 ear fresh sweet corn, kernels removed
- 9-trip square baking pan
Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter the baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, mix the dry substances. Add the liquid substances and blend properly. Fold in the vegetables.
Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes, or till the perimeters turn golden and device back from the perimeters of the pan.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
Free recipes, giveaways, phenomenal accomplice offers, and extra straight to your inbox!
Document Corrupt Commentary
Are you certain you potentially can prefer to document this comment? It will seemingly be flagged for our moderators to use action.
Thank you for taking the time to toughen the sing on our region.