Tofu Vegetable Salad
This wholesome tofu vegetable salad packs a vegetarian protein punch nice for a submit-exercise meal or a weeknight dinner for 2. Or, grab leftovers to work the next day with some brown rice for a delicate, nutritious lunch.
- 3 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- one 14-ounce equipment extra-company tofu, drained and decrease into 1-drag cubes
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine the mirin, sesame oil, and vinegar in a shallow dish. Add the tofu and marinate for 15 minutes. Then flip, and marinate for 15 more minutes.
- Within the period in-between, bring a pot of water to a boil and effect up an ice bathtub. Blanch the broccoli, switch to the ice bathtub, and drain.
- Preheat a grill pan, ideally solid-iron, over high heat. Add the tofu and cook dinner, turning once; attain no longer discard the marinade.
- Warmth the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook dinner factual except soft. Then, add the bell pepper, broccoli, tofu, and marinade, and lag-fry, tossing continuously, for 3-5 minutes. Chill in the fridge. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds sooner than serving.