6 to 8 limited parts (this could perhaps also be ample)
Chef Nir Mesika on the restaurant Timna in Fresh York shrugs off our typical requirements for popcorn—the crunch we poke—and as one more narrows in on its salty, buttery flavor. Ethereal, rapid popcorn, bedamned—Mesika is about to soak it to the level of no return.
Boil popped popcorn in half-and-half, sugar, and salt (haters of damp popcorn, look away), then let it aloof down in a single day; the starch from the popcorn will leach into the dairy, thickening and flavoring it. Some hours later, obliterated the kernels—now pillow-soft and chubby with milk—in a food processor and stress the combination. You’re left with a pure popcorn flavor within the body of a frigid, frothy drink.
Take a look at Kitchen-Accepted
6 1/2 cups
popped popcorn (from about 6 tablespoons unpopped kernels, popped with a limited quantity of neutral-flavored oil)
1/4 to 1/2 oz
salt, to taste (I protect somewhere just within the heart)
Popped popcorn, floor cinnamon, and crumbled halvah, for garnishing
- Pour popped popcorn into a saucepan (you should perhaps protest the same one you soft obsolete to pop it), then add half-and-half, 6 oz of sugar, and salt.
- Raise the combination to a boil over excessive warmth, then decrease the warmth to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Desire away from warmth, enable to frigid fully, and transfer to the fridge to chill for a minimal of 8 hours, or in a single day.
- When ready to wait on, pour the combination into a food processor or excessive-powered blender and mix till successfully mixed. Pour by a lovely mesh sieve, pressing to extract all liquids from the kernels.
- Motivate in very limited glasses (or very limited parts) and garnish with popped popcorn or, fancy they devise at Timna, with floor cinnamon and crumbled halvah.