- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 courgettes, quartered lengthways then sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1l vegetable stock
- 250g asparagus, woody ends eradicated, chopped
- 100g pea, fresh or frozen
- 200g broad bean, double-podded whenever you happen to could perhaps perhaps maybe moreover maintain time
- puny bunch basil, most chopped
- crusty bread, to back
Warmth the oil in a orderly saucepan, add the leeks and celery, and cook for 8 mins till soft. Add the courgettes and garlic. Cook dinner gently for 5 mins more.
Pour in the stock and simmer, lined, for 10 mins. Add the asparagus, peas and broad beans, and cook for an additional 4 mins, till exact cooked thru. Chase in the chopped basil and season neatly. Scatter with basil leaves and back with crusty bread.
Recipe from Lawful Food magazine, June 2012