- 140g dried wholewheat noodle
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 medium crimson chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless rooster thighs, chopped into little chunks
- 1 tbsp Shaohsing rice wine
- 700ml hot vegetable inventory
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sad soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mild soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cool water to make a slurry, (runny paste)
- 1 handful beansprouts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
Thunder a little pan of water to the boil and cook dinner the noodles following pack instructions. Drain, rinse under cool running water to pause them cooking extra, then drizzle over a shrimp bit oil to prevent them sticking together. Divide between 2 deep bowls.
Heat a wok over excessive heat and add the relaxation of the oil. When it begins to smoke, add the ginger and chilli, then scramble-fry for a couple of secs. Add the rooster and scramble-fry for 2 mins. As the meat begins to expose brown, add the rice wine and cook dinner for 3 mins more. Add the vegetable inventory, notify to a simmer, then add the mushrooms. Season with the sad soy, mild soy and rice vinegar.
Thunder succor to a simmer, then add the cornflour paste. Simmer and scramble unless thickened. Walk within the beansprouts and quite lots of the spring onions, then ladle the soup over the noodles. Encourage in an instant, scattered with the final spring onions.