On this dish of Indian (ish) starting build, the fragrance of entire spices sizzled in oil and butter permeate cauliflower florets as they’re slowly roasted stovetop. The simplicity of the ingredients belie a beautiful tense contrivance enthralling sizzling spices, but consideration to timing is wisely payment the effort! The dish tastes take care of up to now more than the sum of its parts thanks to the unheard of flavor that the smoking/charring route of adds to the cauliflower! —sarah_wallace
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Rupture the cauliflower into medium-dimension florets.
- Heat a largish, lidded saute pan, after which add oil and butter till smoking.
- Flip the heat the total manner down to medium, and add on your entire cumin and peppercorns, stirring. The spices will sizzle and be loyal now fragrant, but withhold stirring them till the cumin seeds possess darkened, but now now not goodbye that they burn, about 30-45 seconds. At the tip of this time, the oil must always be fragrant and begin to smoke a tiny bit.
- Right this moment add in the cauliflower florets and firmly yet fastidiously fold in the florets into the spices and oil. Each floret must always be slicked with oil and studded with just a few peppercorns and cumin seeds. Salt to taste.
- Tightly disguise the pan, turn the heat the total manner down to medium low, and let the cauliflower cook dinner for about 20 minutes, stirring every so most frequently.
- At the 20 minute label, sprint in the chopped cilantro, and continue to let cook dinner, coated, for one other 5-7 minutes.
- The dish is executed when the cauliflower gently yields to stress whereas restful final stunning, and has just a few roasted edges.
- Pile the cauliflower, toasted entire spices and all, onto a serving platter and brighten up with a squeeze of lemon juice. This dish is savory hot, room temperature, or cool.