by Chef Michel Nischan
A casserole that will flip your no longer easy root vegetables fine and gentle
- 1 chubby sweet potato peeled
- 1 rutabaga peeled
- 1 chubby onion peeled
- 4 parsnips peeled
- 2 Yukon potatoes peeled
- 2 cups kale cleave into medium sized objects
- 2 cups collard greens cleave into medium sized objects
- 3 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Fastidiously nick the total root vegetables the exercise of a Jap mandolin home to nick at 1/8-hasten thickness. Be obvious that to attend each and each vegetable separated into neat stacks.
- In a medium sized stovetop, ovenproof casserole layer half of each and each form of root vegetables, initiating with the sweet potatoes and working your as a lot as the Yukon potatoes. After half of each and each root vegetables has been layered, add half of the collard greens and kale. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Repeat the layering route of the exercise of the final ingredients.
- When layering is total slowly add the vegetable stock. Screen, nonetheless be obvious to plod away the lid barely delivery, and cook dinner over very low heat for 35 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with the final 1/2 cup new cheese factual earlier than serving.
This segment appears to be like in indicate #3214.
Recipe courtesy of Michel Nischan
© 2008 Michel Nischan