This recipe is harking wait on to a fundamental French crimson meat stew cooked with onions, carrots, and crimson wine. The emphasis is on simplicity: one can of broth, one pound of crimson meat, and one package deal of diminutive one portabello mushrooms. The diminutive one portabello mushrooms present a delectable compliment to the dish, and enable for a more wholesome stew that makes employ of less crimson meat overall without losing its “meatiness”. Wait on with sliced baguette or identical crusty bread. —Ghost Tropic
crimson meat stew meat
crimson meat broth (1 can)
diminutive one portabello mushrooms
- Gorgeous any full from the items of crimson meat, cutting any higher items in half of. Seal the crimson meat and flour in a huge ziplock get hang of and shake until the total items are correctly coated.
- Add a pair tablespoons of oil to a huge pot, then brown the meat and onions for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the thyme, then employ a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan by pouring within the crimson wine and loosening any browned bits caught to the pan. Add the crimson meat broth, lower the heat, and let simmer for about 20 minutes, covered.
- Wash the diminutive one portabello mushrooms and spruce the stems. Cut back the higher mushrooms into four items, the smaller ones into two. Add the mushrooms and carrots to the pot, disguise, and let simmer for one other 30 minutes.
- VARIATION: a heartier stew will be made by including potatoes. In Step 3 add a further can of crimson meat broth. In Step 4, slash three potatoes into 1-scramble cubes and add at the side of the mushrooms and carrots.