2 or 4 as an appetizer
I saw flank steak and straight away thought grill. It is summer and or now not it’s my slide-to. But I’m feeling nostalgic. This recipe is a general plod-fry my dad ragged to accomplish at our family-flee restaurant. His holy trinity? Ginger, garlic, soy. That modified into as soon as the frightful for the majority of his dishes. The usage of corn starch is two-fold–tenderize the meat and thicken the sauce.
In my guide, or now not it’s a vintage dish. It ragged to be my favourite meal 30 years ago. For this recipe, I ragged gradual summer greens. You would possibly perchance perchance well well perchance perchance furthermore recount chili peppers or inexperienced peppers; scallions or onions; canned or contemporary tomatoes. —edamame2003
firm medium sized tomatoes (or 2 cups canned)
medium bell pepper (or pint of padron, shishito or candy heat peppers)
Tamari or Soy
Shao Xing Cooking Wine
agave (or sugar)
ground dark pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons
grape seed or canola oil
- Reduce the steak into strips 2″ long and 1/2″ extensive. Dice the tomato and bell pepper into about 1 slump objects. Reduce the inexperienced onion.
- Mix the minced garlic and ginger with soy, cooking wine, agave, sesame oil, pepper. Mix in corn starch except tender.
- Divide the sauce into two bowls. In one bowl, marinade the red meat. Reserve the 2d bowl.
- Warmth a wok or pan over medium heat for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add oil to the pan and allow to heat for a minute.
- Saute the steak except all sides are brown and the sauce begins to thicken. This takes handiest about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and peppers.
- Let the tomatoes soften for approximately a minute and add the reserved sauce and allow to thicken.
- Mosey within the inexperienced onions.
- Reduction over a bowl of hot rice.
I work within the leisure enterprise, and in my free time, I in actuality obtain pleasure from rising my very non-public greens, trolling my native farmers markets and attempting to re-accomplish yummy dishes I eat at my favourite restaurants. My son is a large impact on how and what I cook. He’s my guinea pig and guarantees to strive the leisure I accomplish as soon as. Fortunately the recipes on food52 are bountiful and scrumptious.