As the cold fall climate approaches (it got into the 60’s for lows this past weekend in south Florida so as that counts as fall to me), I constantly ranking hungry for heartier meals. All of us cherish stews, pot pies, chicken & dumplings and thoroughly different hearty dishes we ranking pleasure from in the fall and cold climate. I am no exception. So tonight I made up my mind to exhaust the clean chanterelle mushrooms I came upon at the farmers market this past weekend and develop a healthy chicken dish. To contrast the woodiness of the mushrooms I grabbed a bottle of purple wine and some candy shallots. In spite of every thing now not rather a few my meals can lumber to the table with out garlic. Now a few of you may per chance per chance additionally merely now not like garlic, now not sure why, so whenever you occur to don’t you may per chance per chance additionally constantly leave it out.
So y’all give this one a are attempting to let me know what you deem. I wager this would develop loyal into a fall authorized of your family’s.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 shallots, finely chopped (exhaust microscopic onion whenever you occur to don’t have shallots)
- 2 cloves garlic – sliced
- 4-5 sprigs current rosemary – stripped from stems and chopped
- 1- 1 1/2 cups Chanterelle mushrooms
- 1/2 cup purple wine (exhaust the true stuff, whenever you occur to acquired’t drink it, don’t cook dinner with it)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely diced chives
- salt and pepper for seasoning to taste
- Mix the flour, garlic powder, salt & pepper in gargantuan flat bowl
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both facets and dredge flour mixture.
- Attach olive oil in a gargantuan skillet over medium-excessive heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on both facets till golden brown and juices lumber clear and the meat is now not any longer purple (the meat thermometer must register 165 levels F in the thickest substances of the breast).
- Prefer away chicken from the skillet and assist heat.
- Add shallots, rosemary and garlic to the same skillet, over medium heat, including extra olive oil if wanted. Prepare dinner till shallot is translucent. Be careful now to now not burn the garlic.
- Add the wine to de-glaze the pan. Raise to a boil and minimize by half.
- Add the chicken broth and chanterelle mushrooms and proceed cooking for about 5 – 6 more minutes on medium heat, stirring, till the sauce thickens from the flour bits in the skillet. ( You may per chance additionally add more flour left over from dredging, if wanted.)
- Sprinkle with diced chives and back.
6,534 total views, 4 views this day