- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1¼ cups cake flour, sifted
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, flippantly overwhelmed
- 1½ tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- Prepare pan with baking spray.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a little bowl combine sugar and lemon zest until the sugar is moistened and fragrant.
- In a giant mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Stoop in sugar mixture.
- Add buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla and trudge until upright mixed.
- Add batter to a piping win and fetch every donut cup approximately one-half of full.
- Bake 4–6 minutes or until the pinnacle of the donuts spring support when touched.
- Let cool in pan for 4–5 minutes sooner than eliminating. Enact the donuts with glaze, sprinkles, or cinnamon sugar.