The Mexican beef turned into made unctuous and meltingly gelatinous by the utilization of the generally-marginalized beef cheek.
- 1.2 kg beef cheeks
- 1 dried crimson chilli
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsps instantaneous espresso powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1½ tbsps natural peanut butter
- 4 tbsps olive oil (2 tbsps for the marinade, 2 tbsps for frying the meat cheeks)
- 1½ tbsps honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 handful contemporary coriander, plus more for serving
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 limes
- Neat and beautiful the meat cheeks. Within the reduction of them into big (2 streak) chunks. Put them in a container all the map thru which it’s good to perhaps maybe presumably also marinate them.
- Rehydrate the dried crimson chilli in a little sizzling water, factual enough to duvet it. Mix all (including the chilli and it’s water) the ingredients aside from the meat stock and limes in a meals processor, and whizz till you’ve got a paste. Pour the paste all the map thru the cheeks and mix so that they’re fully lined. Bolt away to marinate within the refrigerator for several hours or, better but, in a single day.
- When it is time to cook dinner, warmth the oven to 140°C and warmth 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy bottomed casserole over a medium warmth. Brown the chunks on both facet. Employ the stock to rinse the remainder of the marinade into the casserole, then squeeze within the juice of the limes.
- Braise for approximately 3½ hours, giving the cheeks a rush a pair of times while they cook dinner. If the liquid dries up, add a little more stock.
- When the cheeks are fall-aside cushy, employ two forks to pull the meat aside within the pan so that it mixes in with the total fatty juicy goodness.
- Serve in contemporary corn tortillas.