The principle to stopping the tip of the cheesecake from falling and cracking is to bake it in a sizzling water bath, which lets the cake cook gently and evenly.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 5 Hours, 20 Minutes
Yield: Serves 10
- 4 oz salted pretzels
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted, plus extra for baking pan
- 3 programs (8 oz every) cream cheese
- 1 cup bitter cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Huge Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 4 astronomical eggs
- Preheat oven to 375° with rack in heart. Originate the crust: Butter a 9 1/2 hotfoot springform pan; area apart. In a meals processor, pulse pretzels to ravishing crumbs. Add sugar and butter; project until combined.
- Press evenly into bottom and somewhat up facets (about 1 hotfoot) of the springform pan. Region on a baking sheet. Bake until light golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Space apart to chill.
- Decrease oven to 325°. Put together filling: In the bowl of an electrical mixer fitted with the ride attachment, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, scraping down facets of bowl to bag rid of any lumps, about 1 minute. Add bitter cream, sugar, Huge Marnier, tequila, and lime zest; beat until tender. Add eggs, one after the other, beating to combine after every addition.
- Pour into cooled crust (filling will reach up increased than crust.) Line outside of pan with aluminum foil (to forestall water from seeping in). Region in a roasting pan. Pour sizzling water to reach halfway up facets of springform pan. Bake until area and somewhat firm to the contact, about 1 hour. Purchase from water bath, and let frigid on a wire rack; refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Plug a sizzling knife around fringe of pan to begin.
Per serving: 496 calories; 34.7 grams stout; 9.5 grams protein; 34.8 grams carbohydrate; 0.4 grams fiber