Listless Cooker Swiftly And Straightforward Tomato Ketchup
In case you would possibly per chance well provide company a residence-cooked choice pretty than the retailer sold model, this will likely per chance repeatedly tag them. But homemade doesn’t must imply more difficult than customary. This straightforward sluggish cooker tomato ketchup recipe is correct as like minded (if not greater) than the bottled stuff, and also you’ll be ready to claim you made it!
— Shelby Kinnaird
Click here for more recipes from the Diabetic Foodie.
Click here for more of the 101 Simplest Listless Cooker Recipes
- one 28-ounce carton or can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tiny sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped (non-principal)
- 1/2 cup jalapeño-infused white balsamic
- 1/4 cup gentle brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In a blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, onion, shallot (if utilizing), vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, allspice, cinnamon, mace, ginger, cloves and red pepper flakes. Blend till puréed.
- Pour mixture into sluggish cooker. Conceal and cook dinner on HIGH, scraping down the perimeters and stirring a pair of times, for approximately 2-1/2 hours.
- Take dangle of away the lid and continue to cook dinner the ketchup on HIGH, scraping down the perimeters and stirring a pair of times, for approximately an hour or till the ketchup is the consistency you would like ranking. (Take a look at to perceive if it “plops” off a spoon.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the sluggish cooker and let the ketchup cool to room temperature within the crock. Predicament into a glass jar. Aid warmth, at room temperature or icy from the refrigerator. Retailer, lined, within the refrigerator for up to two months (but it for sure won’t final that long).