- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 extra-neat eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels.Grease the backside of an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-wander loaf pan.Line the backside with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.
- Within the bowl of an electrical mixer fitted with the proceed attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium bustle for 3 to 4 minutes, till gentle.Meanwhile, put the eggs, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest in a glass measuring cup however establish now no longer mix.With the mixer on medium-low bustle, add the egg mixture, one egg at a time, scraping down the bowl and allowing every egg to change into included sooner than in conjunction with the next egg.
- Sift collectively the flour, salt, and baking powder.With the mixer on low bustle, add it slowly to the batter till gracious mixed.Attain mixing the batter with a rubber spatula and pour it into the energetic pan. Gentle the end.Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, till a toothpick inserted within the center comes out dapper.Frigid for 15 minutes, prove onto a baking rack, and chilly completely.