8 – 10
It is my experience that baking the puff pastry on its own, as an different of atop the stew, yields a crisper and more lofty topping. Revel in! —Nancy Nicole
Angus chuck roast, cubed
1 half of cup
butter or oil
medium yellow onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
corn starch dissolved in one fourth cup cold water
kindly carrots, peeled and chopped
medium sized crimson potatoes, chopped
stalks of celery, chopped
puff pastry, thawed and cut back to size
- Coat cubed meat in flour. Brown in melted butter or oil. Enact this in batches and set no longer crowd the pan. Do browned meat in kindly stew pot.
- Saute onions and garlic in oil or butter and add to the meat.
- Combine beef broth, Guinness and corn starch mixture. Combine neatly and add to stew pot.
- Add chopped carrots, potatoes and celery to pot and ship to a simmer.
- Simmer, covered for one and a half of hours and then speak and simmer one other half of hour.
- Within the midst of the final half of hour, defend what bowls you would possibly well be serving in and cut back the thawed puff pastry to suit the bowls. Bake pastry in step with instructions on kit on a baking sheet.
- When ready to assist, ladle the stew into individual bowls and top with the baked puff pastry.