Cook time for dinner
An straightforward Turkish recipe, gozleme is made with handiest 3 ingredients. You have to seemingly be ready to employ any fillings to assemble gozleme: from potatoes to red meat or just cheese. —Shadi Hasanzadenemati
- The Dough
3 1/2 cups
all motive flour
vegetable oil (or light olive oil)
1 1/4 cups
yellow onion, diced
tomato paste (non-obligatory)
unique dill (non-obligatory, can employ 1/2 tbsp dry))
parsley (non-obligatory, can employ 1/2 tbsp dry)
feta cheese, crumbled (or every other cheese you absorb)
- To assemble the dough, in a extensive bowl combine the flour, vegetable oil and water. Mix the usage of a wood spoon after which your palms to compose a dough. Frivolously duvet with a kitchen towel and diagram apart for 30 minutes.
- Within the intervening time, assemble the potato filling: wash and peel the potatoes. Gash every into 8 chunks and cook in boiling salty water till fully cooked and relaxed. Drain and rinse with chilly water. Mash them finely.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and saute onion till golden. Add in the tomato paste, salt and pepper. Add in the mashed potatoes and mix successfully so everything is mixed. Cook dinner for 5 minutes after which flip the warmth off.
- To assemble the spinach filling, heat olive oil in a pan, saute onion till golden after which add the spinach with dill and parsley. Cook dinner till spinach is wilted. Add in the feta cheese, salt and pepper. Jog for 2-3 minutes and flip the warmth off.
- Divide gozleme dough into 8 pieces or 10 must it is advisable be pleased them smaller. Roll out the dough thinly correct into a circle and top half of it with with out a doubt one of the necessary fillings. Fold over the edges to seal and compose a half circle. Repeat with the closing dough.
- Warmth a extensive pan over medium heat and add one tablespoon olive oil. Region the gozleme in the pan cook on one aspect for approximately 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook on the choice aspect till golden.
Shadi HasanzadeNemati is a meals author and recipe developer at Unicorns in the Kitchen. She loves a upright tahdig and her favourite spice is saffron.