Deep-Fried Christmas Ham Mac And Cheese
How enact you toughen on one amongst presumably the most smartly-liked Christmas dishes? Straightforward. Fire up the deep fryer! That you just might want to per chance additionally get no longer lived unless you’ve tried this guiltiest of pleasures. Fair don’t place it a habit.
- 7 ounce ham steak
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup lower up processed cheese (comparable to velveeta)
- 1 cup dried elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Within the reduction of the ham into little 1/4-scurry cubes. Warmth 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-excessive warmth. Fry the ham cubes unless they are browned on every facet, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain them on paper towels.
- In a medium sized pot over medium warmth, add the milk, butter, and processed cheese. Cook upright unless the cheese melts; don’t let it boil. Add the macaroni, Cheddar cheese, and browned ham and blend smartly. Pour this mixture into a bowl and refrigerate it for a minimal of 1 hour to company up.
- Warmth a deep bulky fryer to 375 degrees F. (Alternately, warmth 2 inches of oil in a deep solid iron skillet.)
- Scoop out the company macaroni and cheese and originate little 2-scurry balls. Roll them within the breadcrumbs. Working in batches to steer clear of crowding the pot, fry the balls for about 2 minutes, or unless they are golden brown. Drain on paper towels and wait on straight.