- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- ½ celery stick, sliced
- 500g diced braising pork
- 200ml crimson wine (not mandatory)
- 700ml pork stock (or chicken)
- 500g swede, peeled and slash again into corpulent dice
- 300g floury potatoes (equivalent to Maris Piper), diced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- green greens, to again (not mandatory)
Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Fry the onions and celery for about a minutes till turning brown. Add the pork and brown all the arrangement through for 3-4 minutes. Pour within the wine, if the usage of, and let it slash by half of. Add the stock and toss within the swede, potatoes, thyme and bay leaf. Season and produce to the boil.
Chop the heat, quilt with a lid and bolt away for 1 hr. If you happen to have to slash the liquid a small bit, exercise the lid, turn up the heat and cook for a additional 10-15 minutes or till the sauce has thickened.
Season to model and exercise the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Serve with some green veg, whilst you fancy.