Costa Rican Tacos Ticos
Oftentimes other folks mediate of taking an ingredient, adore a potato or a part of meat, and frying it. This recipe, from Sandra A. Gutierrez’ Latin American Avenue Food, takes an complete dish and fries it. These tacos ticos resemble taquitos, but because it is seemingly you’ll perchance perchance perchance survey, the absolute top segment of taking part in them are the toppings. Click here to ogle 13 Things You Didn’t Know You May perchance Fry
- 5 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 1/2 cup cooked and shredded crimson meat*
- mayonnaise, for serving
- 12 warmed corn tortillas
- vegetable oil, for frying
- mustard, for serving
- ketchup, for serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Quandary the cabbage in a substantial bowl and add enough boiling water to cloak. Let it sit down for precisely 1 minute. Drain the cabbage effectively and return it to the bowl. Add the salt, straggle, and let it sit down at room temperature for half-hour or until chilly. Quilt and relax for up to 24 hours.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, position 2 to 3 tablespoons of the shredded crimson meat on 1 conclude of it and roll it up tightly, adore a cigar (it needs to be tight or the crimson meat will destroy out when the tacos are fried). Tie it snuggly with a a part of wire and position aside. Repeat with the final tortillas and filling.
- Match a substantial baking pan with a steel cooling rack and position aside. In a substantial skillet with excessive aspects, heat 1 to 2 inches of oil to 360 levels (or spend a deep-fryer in line with the producer’s directions). Working in batches, spend tongs to position the tacos in the oil. Fry them until golden, about 3 to 3 ½ minutes, turning them over midway through. Switch them to the ready rack to empty.
- To plate, position 2 tacos on a plate, high with a fine amount of the cabbage, and drizzle with the condiments. Wait on at once.