- 1 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 lg eggs, separated
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Sift flour and different dry ingredients collectively in an infinite bowl.
- Beat yolks then add them to th milk. Add oil, and high-tail collectively.
- Add to the dry ingredients and high-tail lovely till moistened and soft.. DO NOT Over high-tail. This can moreover be lumpy.
- Beat eggs whites till stiff and fold gently into the batter.
- Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto sizzling griddle. (350 f-375 f,depending upon yours)
- Cook till edges are dry and high is bubbly, flip over till mild brown.
- Support in a warm oven till all are cooked.
- Support with a complete bunch butter, syrup or preserves.