- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- Sanding sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Cream of Coconut (it’s doubtless you’ll presumably presumably get this with the drink mixer substances…it's what you make employ of to waste Pina Coladas)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350. In a expansive bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Situation aside.
- Within the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and each and every sugars on medium for roughly a minute, until faded and fluffy. Add eggs one after the other, then vanilla. Lower mixer scurry to low and slowly add flour combination until fully jumbled in.
- Scoop dough with a cramped cookie scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten a bit and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake cookies for roughly quarter-hour, until edges flip golden brown. Capture away cookies to wire racks to frosty.
- Arrangement frosting: Within the bowl of a mixer, beat butter and shortening on medium scurry until tender and mixed. Add Cream of Coconut, then add powdered sugar, a runt bit at a time on low scurry. As soon as the powdered sugar is jumbled in, add shredded coconut and extend mixer scurry to excessive. Beat for a minute, until gentle and fluffy. If frosting is simply too thick, add water, a tablespoon at a time until the consistency you desire is reached.