Popcorn on your next film night
By Rebekah Peppler/Jan. 11, 2012 9:forty five pm EST
The time-honored French lemon-and-brown-butter sauce is called beurre meunière generally dresses steamed vegetables and sautéed fish. At San Diego’s Saltbox Eating & Ingesting, chef Simon Dolinky makes utilize of it to remodel the cinema-house well-liked: popcorn. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and herb-weighted down create of thyme and parsley to offset the rich sauce. Devour the popcorn important person in an upcoming film marathon, award-repeat screening or sports actions closing.
Recipe adapted from Simon Dolinky, Saltbox Eating & Ingesting, San Diego, CA
The time-honored French lemon-and-brown-butter sauce is called beurre meunière generally dresses steamed vegetables and sautéed fish. At San Diego’s Saltbox Eating & Ingesting chef Simon Dolinky makes utilize of it to remodel the cinema-house well-liked: popcorn.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped new thyme, divided
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1½ tablespoons new lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup thinly sliced chives
- Salt and freshly ground dusky pepper
- In a medium saucepot space over medium warmth, add the butter and cook till it turns golden brown and smells toasted, about 8 minutes. Add 1½ tablespoons of the thyme and the parsley and cook for 10 seconds. Slowly add the lemon juice and space aside.
- In a worthwhile stockpot space over medium warmth, add the vegetable oil and the popcorn kernels. Duvet the pot with a correct-fitting lid. As soon as the corn starts to pop (about 5 minutes), shake the pot persistently till the popcorn has completed popping (5 to 7 minutes extra). Get rid of away the pot from the warmth, fastidiously decide the hide and toss the popcorn with the chives, the last ½ tablespoon of thyme and the reserved brown-butter sauce. Season with salt and pepper and wait on.