The indispensable time I cooked for my (now) boyfriend, I made this stew. I’m now not going to earn any very lengthy time interval promises, however the phrases pork & beer, talked about collectively, would possibly maybe per chance moreover honest mute earn him rather excited, and the taste will seemingly maintain him for your hands for the evening, if now not longer. Encourage alongside semi-sweet potato mash (pictured). —PhoebeLapine
pork chuck, carve into 1/2 lunge chunks
2 sweet onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup pork broth
1 cup darkish beer
3 sprigs thyme, tied collectively
1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 325 levels.
- Pat the pork dry with several dish towels. Season with salt and pepper. Coat a clear dutch oven with a skinny layer of olive oil and brown the pork in batches over excessive warmth, making determined now to not crowd the pot. Region apart.
- Add the onions to the pot and saute within the leftover oil, making determined to predicament up any brown bits leftover from the pork, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and the sugar, season with salt and pepper, and saute for another two minutes.
- Return the pork to the pot, and pour the broth and the beer over the prime. Add the thyme and bay leaf, and dispute to a simmer, then duvet, and cook within the oven for 2 and a half hours, or until the meat is completely tender.
- Taste for seasoning, and encourage alongside egg noodles or a straightforward potato mash.
Phoebe is a creator, gluten-free chef, culinary instructor, award-successful blogger, and creator of The Wellness Project. Probabilities are you’ll procure her wholesome comfort meals and gluten-free finds on www.FeedMePhoebe.com