When the climate turns cool and wet chilly climate in the Napa Valley, my dutch oven is on the ready repeatedly…pork cheeks, roast rooster and stews. Right here is one among my licensed recipes. It is in actual fact a chilly climate dish…heavy roasted and carmelized flavors of pork and root vegetables. I in point of fact dangle the butcher atomize up some pork chuck into chunks and request him for a bone (fancy the one my dog loves). He cuts it into manageable dimension objects for the stew pot. There is a saying that the nearer to the bone, the sweeter the meat, so I place the roasted bone in with its frail flesh and with deep flavored caramelized root vegetables to kind a rich red wine capable stew. —dymnyno
1 pound stew meat (pork chuck) slice into 1 1/2 disappear chunks
1 spruce celery root,peeled and slice into 1 1/2 disappear cubes
1 spruce carrot, slice into 1 1/2 disappear segments
1 spruce Idaho potato, slice into 1 1/2 disappear cubes
1 spruce onion, slice into 8 slices
1 pork bone, slice into 5 disappear objects
1 quart veal stock
1/2 bottle factual red wine (I archaic Cabernet Sauvignon)
sprigs of fresh thyme
- In a 375 level oven discipline a pan of the total vegetables which dangle been lightly (very lightly) tossed with olive oil. and roast them for approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Roast to carmelize…careful now to no longer burn. Hasten every 15 minutes.
- Attach the pork bones in a single other pan on a rack in the identical oven and roast for 35 to 40 minutes …unless they change into a unpleasant brown coloration.
- In a dutch oven pour a tablespoon of olive oil and brown the stew meat on all facets. Consume and situation aside.
- Deglaze pot with the wine and slice again by about half.
- Add the meat encourage to the slice price. Then add the roasted vegetables and the browned pork bone.
- Add ample veal stock to barely duvet. Screen with the lid and discipline in a 300 level oven for approximately 3 hours.
- Consume the pork bones. Consume the pork and the vegetables. Cleave the liquid unless it is a ways thickened. Attach encourage the pork and the vegetables.
- Salt and Pepper the stew to taste.