This is a family recipe, very particular to me because it was once one in every of the first truffles I stated baking after I was once 10. It is look after a pound cake however baked in the next cake tin so it comes out decrease. I even have cooked it over and over and with time added some changes look after cinnamon and walnuts for an further crunch. —Maria Teresa Jorge
1 3/4 cups
butter room temperature
walnuts recent destroy up
corn flour for dusting the tin
- Pre-warmth the oven to 300ºF with the rack in the center.
- Butter a 23cm diameter cake tin and dust with corn flour – it offers the cake sides an added crunchiness.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Within the bowl of your electrical mixer beat the butter with the sugar except creamy and no doubt fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, one after the other, scraping down the perimeters of the bowl as wanted.
- Incorporate the flour combination flippantly.
- Beat the egg whites to delicate peaks and fold them in the cake combination very flippantly.
- Wash, peel and core the apples and cut them in slices. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and mix to coat properly.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter in the cake tin and smoothen the tip. Add the slices of apple pressing them vertically into the batter. Divide the remaining batter in dollops with a spoon and drag away as is with out smoothning the tip. Sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Bake for approximately half-hour or except a toothpick inserted in the center comes out neat (it’ll also simply arrive out wet from the fruit however mustn’t arrive out with raw batter).
- Let cold on a cooling rack.