Cabbage Chana Dal Salad
- 2 cup cabbage very finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 Carrot shredded
- 10 mint leaves ground
- ¼ cup yellow chana dal
- 1 MSc olive oil
- 1 MSc vinegar
- 1 MSc lemon juice
- 1 MSc ginger juice
- 1 tsp salt-
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
Soak chana dal for at least 2 hours in lukewarm water.
When it is ready, the dal should be soft all around.
Drain the water from the chana dal.
Mix the chana dal with the chopped vegetables.
Mix the ingredients above to make the salad dressing.
Mix the salad and dressing together and leave for about half an hour so that the salad is nicely marinated.
- Replace chana dal with split yellow moong dal or moong dal sprouts.
- You can replace dal with boiled corn and finely chopped paprika.
- This salad dressing can be used with any salad.
- Take out the vinegar and use this dressing with fresh fruit, add chopped mint leaves.
Originally posted on 2008-05-12 02:17:01.