6 cups unripe jackfruit (langka), sliced
1 cup coconut cream (first extract)
2 cups coconut milk (second extract)
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
1 inch ginger, thinly sliced
3 pieces green chili (siling haba), chopped
5-7 chili peppers (siling labuyo), chopped
200 grams leftover pork liempo, chopped
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion, garlic and ginger.
2. Add langka, stir and fry for a few minutes.
3. Pour coconut milk (second extract), simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
4. When the sauce is almost absorbed, pour coconut cream (first extract) and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the langka is soft. Stir occasionally to prevent it from fermenting.
6. Add pork and green and red chilies, simmer until the sauce thickens and is oily.
7. Transfer to serving bowl and serve.
Driven by Facebook comments