As an Amazon affiliate, and affiliate with other companies, I earn on qualified purchases.
These Chicken meatballs cooked to perfection in the Instant Pot, then finished on the grill or in the oven with a sweet and spicy, easy Honey Sriracha Glaze! With only five ingredients, you can’t go wrong!
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe: These chicken meatballs are a total crowd pleaser, but they only require five simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper). You can easily adjust the spice level to suit your taste and whip these up for a party or a weekday dinner. And did I mention they are prep?
We love making chicken in the Instant Pot, and this is our latest recipe. The legs cook evenly and are completely covered by the sweet and spicy glaze.
This is one of the best Instant Pot chicken recipes for a crowd. They are easy to make for entertaining. Serve them alongside 3-Ingredient Instant Pot Cornbread and Quick Instant Potato Salad for an indoor barbecue any time of year!
We first got the recipe for the honey sriracha glaze from my husband’s boss. His version was a little too spicy for me, so I’ve tweaked the recipe to be a little milder, with just the right kick to balance the sweetness of the honey.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
Take these five ingredients to make Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks:
- Garlic powder. This gives a nice savory note to season the chicken.
- Chicken drum sticks. We love making bones in the Instant Pot because they stay moist and cook super fast.
- Honey. If you want, you can use a flavored honey, such as lavender.
- Sriracha. Feel free to use as much (or as little) sriracha as you like!
- Roasted garlic. You can make roasted garlic at home or find it in a jar at the store.
How to Make Honey-Sriracha Chicken Meatballs in a Pressure Cooker
This simple recipe works in any brand of electric pressure cooker, including the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or Power Pressure Cooker XL.
Start by making the seasoning mix for the chicken, then toss the chicken bones with the simple seasoning.
Next, prepare the pressure cooker by placing a rack or trivet in the pot along with 1 cup of water. Place the chicken legs on the grill. Stack the legs crosswise so they stay in place and steam can move around them on all sides.
Cook the chicken on high pressure for 4 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, make the honey sriracha glaze. Bring honey, sriracha and the roasted, minced garlic to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil the sauce for 3 minutes and then let it cool.
To finish the drumsticks, preheat the grill to medium. When the chicken is done in the pressure cooker, cover them with the honey sriracha glaze. Then cook them on the grill for about 2 minutes per side, until the glaze is sticky and glossy. Brush on more glaze as you go. Serve and enjoy!
Important Tips for Making Instant Pot Chicken Meatballs
- It is very important to add the water to the pressure cooker. This creates steam to cook the chicken. Without it, you can get a burn mark.
- When grilling the chicken, rotate them as needed to create nice char lines but avoid burning.
- Let the glaze cool for a few minutes before brushing it on the chicken to help it thicken a bit.
In addition to your Instant Pot, you’ll need a trivet or rack to cook these chicken thighs. Many Instant Pots come with a coaster. We love this too one.
Frequently Asked Questions about Instant Pot Honey BBQ Chicken
Yes, this is a great way to get ahead of time if you’re going to have a party. You can cook the chicken in the pressure cooker the day before, then store in an airtight container. When you’re ready to heat, fire up the grill, make the sauce, and finish the chicken on the grill.
Yes, to make an indoor grill, you can finish the legs under the broiler. Just coat them with the sauce and keep an eye on them to prevent them from burning. Turn the chicken legs several times while they are cooking.
Yes, if you want to make this recipe with chicken thighs, use boneless and skinless thighs. Pressure cook on high for 9 minutes, then finish the recipe as directed.
If you want to replace the honey in the glaze, you can use agave, which is another liquid sweetener.
MORE Quick Chicken Recipes
Try these other easy weeknight chicken recipes in your pressure cooker next:
LOVE this recipe?
Leave a review below to tell us why!
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 chicken thighs
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon sriracha, plus more if desired
2 roasted garlic cloves, chopped (I used canned from the store)
Pressure cook the legs:
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken legs and toss to coat with seaweed.
- Place a rack in the pressure cooker. Add 1 dl of water and place the seasoned chicken legs on the grill and stack them crosswise on top of each other.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High pressure and 4 minutes cooking time. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then finish with a quick pressure release.
- If you finish the drumsticks right awaystart preparing the glaze when the cooking time is up.
- If you finish the drumsticks latercool the chicken to room temperature, then refrigerate, covered, until ready to continue.
- When the valve falls, carefully remove the cap.
Prepare the glaze and grill:
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, sriracha, and roasted garlic. Bring the ingredients to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool. Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Place the chicken legs on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with the honey-sriracha glaze.
- Place the chicken legs on the grill and cook until the sauce is caramelized and sticky, about 2 minutes. Brush with more sauce as desired. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes, until the glaze is caramelized. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, finish in a very hot oven or under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, watching closely to prevent burns and turning the legs if necessary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn on qualifying purchases.
Serving size: 1
Amount per portion:
Calories: 522Total Fat: 23gSaturated fat: 6gTrans fat: 0gUnsaturated fat: 14gCholesterol: 328 mgSodium: 465 mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 62g
Nutritional information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
FOR MORE FROM PRESSURE COOKING TODAY
🥘 Browse our collection of best pressure cooker / Instant Pot recipes.
👥 Join us this year Electric Pressure Cooker Facebook Group. Our positive pressure cooker community uses all brands of electric pressure cookers, so it’s a great resource if you have questions about your particular brand.