1 pc (2 kg) pork pata (pork hock or knuckle), cleaned
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1 head of garlic, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
5 chili peppers (siling labuyo), cored and chopped
12 pieces of peppercorns
4 bay leaves
4 tablespoons of salt
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. Pour water into a large pot, then add garlic, onion, peppercorns, bay leaf, chili pepper and salt.
2. Add pata and then cook on medium heat for 1.5 hours or until soft. Add water if needed.
3. Drain, pat dry and let cool.
1. Prick pata with a fork to make holes all over, rub with salt and pepper.
2. Fry on low heat for 20 minutes or until the skin becomes crispy and golden brown.
3. Drain and then serve with dipping sauce (soy sauce, calamansi, chili, chopped onion).
Driven by Facebook comments