1 kilo of pork (combination of cheek, ear and snout)
200 grams of chicken liver
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup butter
1 dl onion, chopped
3 gloves garlic, crushed
3-4 chili peppers (siling labuyo), cored and chopped
3 tbsp soy sauce or liquid seasoning
3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
2 bay leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp peppercorns
1 tsp ground pepper
4-5 pieces of reeds
crushed chicharon (optional)
1 raw egg (optional)
1. Combine pork, garlic, bay leaves, salt and peppercorns in a pot.
2. Pour in pineapple juice and water to cover the meat, simmer for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain.
1. Grill over hot coals until crispy and brown.
2. Slice the pork cheeks and ears into small pieces. Set aside.
1. Melt butter in a pan and then fry ginger and onion.
2. Add chicken liver, smash the liver while cooking until soft.
3. Add chopped pork cheeks and ears and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add chopped chili, soy sauce, ground pepper and mayonnaise. Mix well.
5. Transfer to sizzling plate, add raw eggs and crushed chicharon on top. Serve with calamansi. Done
Driven by Facebook comments