Smoked chicken – an entire smoked hen that’s tremendous tender, juicy, and stuffed with taste. A good way to get dinner on the desk the entire household will love.
I’m a giant fan of the rotisserie hen at Costco, not solely are they low cost, however they’re truly style scrumptious. Properly, I discovered one thing to high it! I’ve made complete chickens within the oven loads of instances earlier than, and by no means been an enormous fan.
Throwing it on the smoker modifications all the things! Your entire hen was extremely moist and you may style the seasoning all through the entire hen. Plus you’ll be able to throw on Smoked Potatoes over the last hour and you will have an entire meal prepared.
This smoked complete hen recipe is a brilliant easy one which you could make over and over once more. You may even throw a couple of hen on the smoker at a time, so you’ll be able to have leftovers for days. Or you’ll be able to freeze to make use of in enchiladas, dips, or soups later. Like most smoking recipes, it is rather simple, you simply must know your smoker so you’ll be able to gauge when will probably be achieved.
When chickens go on sale I like to purchase a couple of. Then I can smoke one to eat for dinner and use the opposite one in numerous recipes. It’s a very finances pleasant dinner and a good way to stretch you meals finances.
What You’ll Want
- Complete Chicken
- Olive Oil
- Spice Mix
The spice mix is the place you will get artistic. You should use the Finest Dry Rub, which is tremendous versatile. you should utilize a hen seasoning if in case you have a favourite. Even this Pork Chops Seasoning is a superb taste with hen as effectively.
How To Make Smoked Chicken
- Step one it so drizzle just a little olive oil over the pores and skin of the hen. This helps to maintain moisture in and be certain that the pores and skin doesn’t get a leathery texture whereas it’s smoking.
- Generously season the hen, however due to the olive oil you don’t wish to truly rub it in such as you would different meats. Simply get it on the floor evenly over your complete hen.
- Tie up the legs and tuck the wings below. It will assist to maintain all the things tight and collectively so the entire hen stays good and moist.
- Place it on the smoker that’s set for 225 -250 levels F, you’ll be able to go as excessive as 275 levels with a hen.
- Prepare dinner till the breasts temperature is 165 levels F. Then let the meat relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than slicing.
- If you wish to brush with barbecue sauce do that over the last 5 levels of cooking. That can give it time to caramelize just a little and actually taste the meat.
How Lengthy Ought to You Smoke Chicken
The scale of the hen would be the greatest variable relating to smoking a hen. You can depend on about 45 minutes per pound. So the typical hen will take someplace within the vary of three-4 hours. Chicken isn’t tremendous robust like a number of cuts of pork you make, so that you don’t must cook dinner it fairly as low and sluggish as Smoked Pork Butt. So if you wish to velocity issues up just a little, you’ll be able to cook dinner at 275 levels for nearer to the two 1/2 hour vary.
What Wooden To Use For Smoked Chicken
I actually like a extra delicate wooden for hen in any other case I feel it over powers the meat. Apple wooden chips are my favourite for hen. They provide it taste, but it surely isn’t too sturdy. You would additionally use cherry, maple, or hickory wooden for this recipe and it might be scrumptious.
How To Use Smoked Chicken
You actually can simply slice and eat, it tremendous juicy and flavorful. However if in case you have leftovers or simply wish to reap the benefits of the smoker being on and cook dinner a couple of, listed here are a couple of of my favorites.
What To Serve with Smoked Chicken
That is such a flexible recipe, you’ll be able to serve with absolutely anything. However listed here are a couple of nice sides that we love.
When Is Smoked Chicken Executed
You understand a smoked complete hen is completed when the interior temperature of the hen breast is 165º F. You wish to insert into the thickest a part of the hen, with out hitting the bone. As soon as it reaches 165º F take away it from the smoker and let it relaxation for about 10 minutes earlier than you slice and serve it. This permits the juices to redistribute and you don’t lose all of them whereas slicing.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time 3 hours
Whole Time 3 hours 5 minutes
- 1 complete hen (4-5 kilos)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Dry Rub (recipe hyperlink in notes beneath)
- Preheat smoker to 225º F.
- Tuck the wings beneath the hen and tie up the legs with kitchen twine.
- Drizzle olive oil over hen and sprinkle dry rub over all sides of the hen. Don’t rub the seasoning into the meat or it should clump up.
- Place on hen and cook dinner for 3-4 hours till a meat thermometer says the hen breast is 165º F.
- If you wish to brush with barbecue sauce, do that over the last 5 levels of cooking temp.
- Take away from the smoker and let stand for 10 minutes earlier than slicing to serve.
Quantity Per Serving Energy 334Whole Fats 22gSaturated Fats 5gTrans Fats 0gUnsaturated Fats 14gLdl cholesterol 105mgSodium 98mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 33g
Vitamin Disclaimer: All data introduced on this web site is meant for informational functions solely. I’m not a licensed nutritionist and any dietary data shared on lutonilola.net.com ought to solely be used as a normal guideline.
I created a enjoyable group on Fb, and I might love so that you can be part of us! It’s a spot the place you’ll be able to share YOUR favourite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you just by no means miss a brand new recipe)! For those who’d prefer to test it out, you’ll be able to request to affix HERE.
Make sure you comply with me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all of the fantastic DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Join with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Make sure you comply with me on my social media, so that you by no means miss a publish!
Fb | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE: