Filipinos love soups. We get pleasure from them as they’re, or we eat them with rice so as to add moist and texture. After I was a child, I keep in mind consuming a bowl of rice overflowing in heat soup of Nilaga or Sinigang — forms of pork, beef, or seafood stews. Considered one of my favourite soup dishes known as Misua Bola-bola or Meat ball soup with Misua Noodles, and you may simply put together this dish at house utilizing at present’s recipe.
Misua noodles originated from China which we inherited via its culinary affect within the nation. In contrast to rice vermicelli (bihon), which is comprised of rice, misua is comprised of wheat flour. These are very skinny, white noodles which can be very delicate, simply break when uncooked, and rapidly absorbs liquid. You should purchase them out of your nearest sari-sari retailer (selection retailer), public market, or grocery store.
Misua Bola-bola can also be recognized in some components of the nation as Almondigas. As a result of some recipes of Almondigas use rice vermicelli as a substitute of misua, we are going to name it Misua Bola-bola to make a distinction. Apart from, that how we name it again house in Malabon.
Excellent for wet days, get pleasure from a heat bowl of Misua Bola-bola as a foremost dish, an appetizer, or as a day snack. I nonetheless desire the infantile means by mixing it with my rice. It jogs my memory of the nice previous days.
I divided the recipe into two components: the primary one is the right way to put together the meatballs; the final one is for the soup. Verify the recipe under:
Misua Bola-bola Recipe
To make the meat balls, you will have:
- 1 kilo floor pork
- 250 grams medium-sized shrimps (heads and shells eliminated and put aside), minced
- 2 medium-sized onions, minced
- 1/4 cup spring onion, minced
- 1 tspn iodized salt
- 1 tspn floor pepper
- a splash of MSG (vetsin)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and shredded (or brunoised — very finely chopped)
Find out how to put together:
- Wash your arms correctly. You may be utilizing your naked arms on this process.
- In a big bowl, combine all of the substances completely utilizing your arms. Ensure every little thing is integrated. Put aside.
To make the soup, you will have:
- 1 tbsp cooking oil 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 5 cups water
- meat-shrimp combination (recipe above)
- shrimp heads and shells
- 1 rooster bouillon dice
- salt and pepper to style
- 2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 2 packs misua noodles
- 1 medium-sized patola (loofah), peeled and chopped crosswise (elective)
- 1/4 cup spring onion, chopped
Find out how to put together:
- In a big sauce pan over medium warmth, sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add water and bouillon dice. Deliver to a boil.
- Utilizing the meat-shrimp combination you ready earlier, heap a tablespoon and kind a small ball about 1.5 inches in diameter between the palms of your arms. Fastidiously drop it into the soup. Repeat steps with the remainder of the combination.
- Pound the shrimp shells utilizing a mortar & pestle to squeeze out the juices. Place every little thing in a bowl and pour some sizzling broth from the soup. Cautious press the combination utilizing the again of a spoon to extract all of the shrimp taste. Utilizing a strainer, pour the shrimp extract into the soup.
- Season with salt, pepper, and fish sauce. Decrease the warmth and simmer for about 20 minutes or till the meatballs are cooked.
- Add misua noodles and patola. Simmer for about 5 minutes extra.
- Garnish with spring onion. Serve in a big soup bowl.