It’s a wet Sunday which I spent sleeping many of the day. Other than the hurricane within the nation that in some way signaled the top of the summer time season, in the present day can also be a Mom’s Day. So, Comfortable Mom’s Day to my mom and to all moms who learn this weblog.
On this put up, I provide the second recipe of Mrs. Trinidad Cayco (which is just about the identical recipe of lola) whom apparently celebrated her 54th marriage ceremony anniversary together with her husband this week. 54 years, guys! That’s like 13 Olympic Video games. So, that’s one more reason for celebration. Comfortable Anniversary, Larry’s nanay and tatay!
Anyway, in the present day’s recipe is Ginisang Sitaw at Kalabasa or Yardlong Beans & Squash Stir Fry. Once I was youthful, I used to be a choosy eater. Greens are on the backside of the checklist of my favourite meals. However what child likes greens anyway? There are, nevertheless, some exceptions to the rule — I like sitaw and kalabasa. So right here’s the recipe of my two favourite greens in a single dish.
Ginisang Sitaw at Kalabasa Recipe
You have to:
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 1/4 kilo medium-sized contemporary shrimp, peeled (head and shells put aside)
- 1/2 kilo kalabasa (squash), peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch sitaw (yardlong beans), reduce into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- rock salt, pepper, and vetsin (MSG) to style
Methods to put together:
- In a skillet over medium warmth, sauté garlic, onion, and tomato. Add the shrimp. Prepare dinner till purple. Add the greens. Stir fry for about 10 minutes. Add water. Cowl. Simmer for about quarter-hour whereas stirring sometimes.
- Whereas ready, pound the shrimp heads and shells utilizing mortar and pestle. Place in a strainer as a way to extract the juice. Add some water to the shells simply sufficient to get extra extract out of it. Add the shrimp extract to the greens.
- Season with fish sauce, salt, pepper, and vetsin. Prepare dinner for a couple of extra minutes or till the greens are prepared.
- Serve with rice.