I like rice, and I feel any true-blooded Filipino (or Asian) can’t stay with out it. I like garlic too. Though I don’t prefer it in my breath, there’s one thing about its pungent taste that makes it a should-have ingredient for a lot of Filipino dishes.
Combining the 2, you get Sinangag na Kanin or Garlic Fried Rice — a quite simple, fast, and flavorful rice dish that may be partnered with any breakfast dish, equivalent to tocino, tapa, longganisa, hotdog, daing, and/or fried egg.
A number of pointers whenever you put together Sinangag na Kanin:
- Use rock salt. It provides out extra taste.
- Prepare dinner rice an evening earlier than, cool it down, then retailer it contained in the fridge. It is going to be prepared for frying the next morning. In fact, you’ll be able to at all times use left over rice from final night time’s dinner. Freshly cooked rice is not so good as the chilly ones.
- Use a number of garlic. And I imply heaps of garlic. Simply just be sure you gained’t burn them.
Sinangag na Kanin (Garlic Fried Rice) Recipe
You will want:
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 6 cups cooked left over rice, granules separated
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 1 tspn floor pepper
The way to put together:
- In a big wok on medium to excessive warmth, sauté garlic. Instantly add rice to keep away from the garlic from burning. Burnt garlic could style bitter.
- Season with salt and pepper. Prepare dinner for about 5-10 minutes with fixed stirring.
- Serve together with your favourite morning meat dish.